I know, it’s crazy, right? Learning is what you have to do the rest of the year at school!! Camp is all about fun, activities, and friends, not learning!!
Hate to break it to you, but there’s actually a LOT of learning going on at Camp! But don’t worry, it’s only the FUN kind you don’t even notice.
Check it out- you’re really learning all these great things!
- How to make friends, and be a friend
- How to live in a cabin with a bunch of other people and take care of yourself and your stuff
- How to shoot a bow and arrow
- How to water ski
- How to get along with people who are different from you
- How to take care of and ride a horse
- How to make a dream catcher
- How to set up a tent and cook food over a campfire
- Why identifying poison ivy is important
- What a Bluff Lion is
- How to swim, paddle a canoe, or sail
- What an eagle’s nest looks like
- What it’s like to try something you never thought you’d ever do
- That you can live without your iPod (at least for a little while)
- That hiking boots work better for canoe trips than flip flops
- That counselors are really cool and are great examples for how you can live
- What it means to really be yourself
Feel free to comment and share some of the things you’ve learned at camp.